“Language Service Providers” or “LSP’s” have been around for years. More commonly in the US, LSP’s are known as Translation Agencies. The term LSP is more common in Europe but is now being heard here in the US more often. Language Service Providers (LSP) are companies that offer varying degrees of translation, interpretation, localization, language and social coaching solutions. LSP’s generally offer the following services:
– Language interpretation is the assisting of verbal or sign-language interaction, either at the same time or repeatedly, between people speaking in different ‘languages’. There are several ways of interpretation including consecutive and simultaneous.
– Is when the speaker (for example a teacher, instructor or a court judge) speaks for a few minutes and then breaks, allowing the interpreter to translate what was said into the other language. When the interpreter is finished interpreting the speaker continues where he/she left off.
– Interpretation is when the speaker/presenter does NOT stop, but keeps talking at a natural speed. The interpreter interprets what is being said with a lag of just a few moments behind the speaker making the interpretation as real-time as possible. Often this type of interpreting takes place during conferences or large meetings. During conferences, the interpreters (of various languages) usually are all seated in an interpreting booth. The interpreter hears what the speaker is saying through a headset and then interprets into a microphone. The intended audience of the interpretation hears what the interpreter is saying through their headphones.
– Phone interpretation is the interaction between people via a phone who do not speak the same language. The interpreter helps both parties to communicate with each other.
is the process of translating words or text from one language into another. The words can in books, manuals, financial documents, websites, blogs, search engine marking adds and go on.
– Language localization can be described as the second stage of a translation, which takes into account the nuances of a particular nation, area or group. Localization includes an extensive study of the focus culture on lifestyle and societal norms. The localization procedure is most generally related to social adaptation and translation of very subjective items (i.e. software, games, website, etc.).
Language Training Services
– Language coaching is generally an extensive program to accomplish the training and learning of terminology.
Cultural Training Services
– Cultural coaching suppliers offer coaching to business and/or government workers or groups with the resources needed to operate, connect and perform efficiently in an international or local market. These coaching solutions generally consist of area particular social culture.
To sum up, Language Service Providers (LSP) may support all the solutions detailed above or may be dedicated to one or two. Either business strategy is great, as some LSP’s have been very effective in their specific field whereas others succeed due to being diverse. A good suggestion when selecting a LSP is to ask what their expertise is, but keep in mind that regardless of their expertise, a LSP is only as good as their project management and language group.